PROLOGUE: DEBRIEFED, DEFROCKED
- The crew is chewed out by Leia & Ether for the destruction of Corsin, going off-mission, and leaving Jondyn behind. They are told to get out of sight for a while, as their reputations have suffered a heavy blow and many Rebels blame them for what happened.
ACT ONE: OLD FRIENDS
SCENE ONE: GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD
- After the debriefing, Galen comes to the crew and asks them to follow him to a small conference room. In attendance are Ji and Doc from the Dragons, and Wraiy Frubhoy, one of the last surviving Dragons Beta and now the Senior Strategist of Rebel Intelligence. Ji and Doc are sitting at the conference table, whereas Wraiy is leaning against a wall, looking impatient.
- The small council enlists the group in a mission that will hopefully repair their reputations and get them back in the good graces of the Rebellion. The mission is to make contact with Big Lash, leader of the Rethwi Circuit crime syndicate on Nar Shaddaa. Big Lash is an ally of the Rebellion who provides goods and intelligence, but has become unreliable of late.
- The group must also meet with Vleen, who has his own business on Nar Shaddaa with the Desilijic kajidic (Jabba’s crime family) stemming from the Paramour crew invading his palace and stealing two of his trophies.
- The group is advised to meet with Vleen on Nar Shaddaa (and remind him to return his ship, the Sullustan light freighter Gyubdenunb, which is on loan from the Rebels to transport goods while the Dragons Reborn use the Paramour for adventuring purposes.
- After meeting with Vleen, they are to make their way to The Last h’Katha in the Bedhii district, and make contact with Nuab’hk, the bartender. They are to order an Old Republic (“Restored”) as the call sign and await instructions as to how to meet with Big Lash.
Script for “Good Money After Bad”
SCENE TWO: PRIVATE BUSINESS
- Galen takes Reese aside regarding a personal matter: the retrieval of a package from Nuab’hk, the bartender at the Last h’Katha. He gives Reese a payment voucher and states that the item isn’t large and won’t require any looking after.
- Wraiy approaches Ohmin and speaks to him on the common ground of both being realists. He advises Ohmin that if he can’t get through to Big Lash, his daughter Una may be their best shot at fixing the relationship, though she’s difficult to deal with and he doesn’t trust her (though he distrusts Kodha, the eldest son, more).
Script for “Private Business”
SCENE THREE: TRANSIT BLUES
- Galen sees the crew off with a few last words to remind them that they owe Big Lash and he’s an old friend, despite Wraiy’s bitterness about him. He expresses a personal concern that the problem may actually be some sort of threat to Big Lash himself.
- The crew heads to Nar Shaddaa, briefly discussing the situation amongst themselves.
Script for “Transit Blues”
ACT TWO: WRETCHED HIVES
SCENE ONE: PERSONAL PROBLEMS
- Nar Shaddaa, Bedhii Port. The Paramour lands at Docking Bay 16, securing a berth next to The Gyebedunb, the Sullustan light freighter currently on loan to Vleen. Vleen is waiting in the cargo bay, along with Alif and Caleb.
- Vleen explains that the crew is in a bind: One of Jabba’s bounty hunters suspects that Vleen may have been involved in the theft of two of his carbonite captives, but can’t prove it (or even provide specific evidence of it). Unfortunately, this isn’t a court of law, but a criminal enterprise, so Jabba has called in a debt against Vleen’s clan, to be paid in full. Vleen’s end of this is simple; if he’s going to aid in repaying this debt, he’s going to have to find a way to cut into the Morghu kajidic‘s spice business so that Desilijic can wrest back control in the turf war, and that means hampering trade, destroying product, or waylaying shipments. However Reese wants to handle it, Vleen can offer plans or support. Per one of Jabba’s underlings, squaring the debt gets him off Jabba’s shit list, but only him (not the rest of the crew).
- At the same time, bounty hunters are looking for whoever specifically was involved in the theft against Jabba (suspecting it was someone in Vleen’s crew), which means eventually that path may find its way back to the crew, and then to Vleen. If that happens, they’re all sunk; they need to figure out how to turn this situation around and get clear of that job.
SCENE TWO: ON THE HOUSE
- The crew heads to The Last h’Katha, which is a small, quiet bar near the port. They give the pass phrase to the bartender, who tells them to take a seat and gives them a menu with a time scribbled on it.
- Ohmin notes a young woman listening in, as well as a pair of Weequay who leave not long after the crew arrives.
- Reese inquires about the package, but the bartender says he has the wrong bar and suggests maybe he means a different bar named The Last Hrothgar in the Rethport district.
- Leaving the bar, the crew notes a Weequay smoking across the street. Alif sidles over to see what he’s up to and swiftly shoots him in the face. A firefight ensues with the Weequay’s companions, ending with Ohmin chucking a thermal detonator down the alley and the crew hauling ass back to The Paramour.