ACT THREE: MEET THE MAN
SCENE TWO: AND THERE I WAS (continued)
- Sulen introduces the crew as the new Dragons, leading Big Lash to start talking about his own days as a Dragon and his lack of faith in the Force. He tells the crew to feel free to call him Gual’ta.
Script for “And There I Was”
- Kodha requests the communique, which Reese hands over. He then requests the key phrase and the additional codes given to each of the Dragons, entering them successfully into the datapad.
- Siwelhi offers everyone a drink, but Gual’ta interrupts, demanding to know why they’ve come. Midway through his tirade he stops, breathless, and seems to be overcome by an ailment. Kodha states he has things in hand regarding Big Lash’s medicine, and Siwelhi leads the group to a turbolift, leaving her brother and father behind.
SCENE THREE: A VIEW TO A KILL
- Siwelhi and Sulen discuss Gual’ta’s deteriorating health. The group arrives on a terrace overlooking Nar Shaddaa.
- Banwadi is present, smoking some sort of spice narcotic. The group notices him after a moment, and he sarcastically engages with them briefly before wandering off. Siwelhi notes that she took over the spice trade from her brother because “he was snorting all of our profits”.
- Reese starts in about why the Dragons have come, but a hoverskiff is zooming toward the balcony. The players brace for an attack, with GL-33 activating his shield. Reese kicks over a table and shields Siwelhi with his body when the blaster fire begins.
- The skiff swings around to broadside the group, but Ohmin takes careful aim with his pistol and blows off the pilot’s head, sending the skiff plummeting to the street where it explodes on impact. Yuri’s sniffer bee robit returns with data, undamaged.
- Braarf has been hit twice, but is still standing. Alif has been clipped by shrapnel and is unconscious. Reese has been hit three times, and while Siwelhi is fine, Reese is unconscious. Braarf picks him up up while the others assist with moving Alif, with Siwelhi leading the way to the compound’s medical facility.
SCENE FOUR: INTENSIVE CARE
- In the turbolift to the medbay, Siwelhi quickly posits that the attack was likely by Morghu kajidic, with whom Rethwi is currently engaged in a shadow war.
- Upon entering the medbay doctors and medical droids immediately take over, having been forewarned of the incoming casualties. Alif is placed on a medical bed for assessment; Braarf is led off by droids for first aid bacta patches.
- A twi’lek doctor examines Reese and declares that he needs a bacta tank immediately, instructing her assistants to strip down his cybernetics in preparation for immersion. Yuri and GL-33 handle this expertly, and the doctor expresses her approval and states that she is impressed with their knowledge.
- The medbay itself appears very expensive — private investor-grade equipment, meticulously clean and maintained — with about a quarter of the space devoted to treatment and the rest set up for pharmaceutical testing. The equipment present is remarkably expensive.
- The doctor introduces herself as Una Rethwi, a medical doctor and pharmacologist, and asks what occurred, with the group providing their explanation.
- Yuri inquires about Big Lash’s medical condition and medications, to which Una confirms that she is her father’s physician. When Yuri’s questions take on a more overt tone, Una promptly cuts the line of questioning short while asserting she is not interested in defending her practice to strangers.
- GL-33 heads off unobserved and communicates with a 2-1B droid to inquire about Big Lash. The droid responds that it can transmit those files in 18 minutes.
- Una requests everyone return to quarters while she tends to her patients. When everyone begins posturing like they’re going to argue, she says the following:
“I am the doctor; this is my hospital. This is not a visiting room; this is a surgical room. We do not allow guests or visitors in the surgical room. I understand that these are your friends. One of you can stay. The rest of you must go. I am going to tend to my patients and then speak with my sister. I am not brooking any response to this other than, “Thank you, ma’am. Please take care of them, doctor”. Decide now or you all leave."
- GL-33 is chosen to stay, and Una asks him to attend to Alif. He has no blaster burns, but is suffering from a concussion. GL-33 prescribes treatment to the medical droids before joining Una to assist with Reese.
- Sulen leads Ohmin and Yuri away, explaining that the Rethwis are tough to deal with and apologizes, then asks if they recognized anyone from the skiff. The attackers seemed to be made up of Weequay, Nikto, and Klatooinians, all commonly found as muscle for Hutts. With that said, she leads the duo to finely decorated quarters, heading off to her own usual suite.